! Our thanks go to Chainfire, the developer of CF-Auto-Root.
Download the root package Download here
(The package includes a .tar.md5 file that can be flashed in Odin. It also includes Odin 3)
Check your model number. Go to Settings>About Device>Model Number
. It must be SCH-R530U
. If it’s a different number DO NOT USE THIS ROOTING METHOD.For carrier branded phones you must first check if you have an unlocked bootloader. Do not root unless you have an unlocked bootloader.
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root zip file you downloaded. You will need Odin and the Cf-Auto-Root file.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and power it off.
- Run Odin from the unzipped archive.
- Click on PDA and select the CF-Auto-Root-....tar.md5 that was in the archive.
- Start your phone in Download Mode (Press Volume Down+Home+Power at the same time. If this doesn't work, just Google ‘download mode’ and your phone model).
- Connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Look at Odin and make sure the ‘Repartition’ option is NOT selected.
- Click Start.
- When the installation is finished the phone will reboot.
If your device does not boot in recovery mode and root, repeat the procedure one more. If you continue to experience trouble, make sure you don’t have Auto Reboot checked in Odin. Now after installing the root, pull out the phone’s battery and start your phone in Recovery Mode manually (press Volume Up+Home+Power).
Useful Resources: How to install an Official Samsung Stock Firmware using OdinAndroid Samsung Update Software Explained: Kies vs. Odin