Recently Samsung released Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, version XXELKC for Samsung Galaxy S3. The update brings some exciting new features such as the Galaxy Note 2’s Multi Window.
In this tutorial I will present you with the guide to root you Galaxy S3 that runs Android 4.1.2 version XXELKC. For the rooting process you will use Chainfire’s CF-Auto-Root tool. This is one of the easiest and most effective rooting tool and it keeps your device as close to stock as possible.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 running Android 4.1.2 version XXELKC
- The latest Samsung USB drivers installed from here
- USB debugging enabled from the Settings menu of the phone
- BACKUP before proceeding with the root
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
!!! We cannot be held responsible for any damage that your device may suffer after this installation. Make sure that you read the instructions carefully and that you know what you are doing.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2 XXELKC:
- Download CF-Auto-Root and extract the files on your computer
- Download Odin v 3.07
- Turn off the device
- Reboot into Download Mode (Volume Down + Home + Power buttons)
- Launch Odin v 3.07
- Connect your Galaxy S3 to the computer via USB
- Wait for Odin to recognize the phone
- Click on PDA and add the CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5 from Step 1
- Click on Start
- Wait for the rooting process to complete
After the phone reboots you will have your Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2 XXELKC rooted.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: