! Our thanks go to Chainfire, the developer of CF-Auto-Root.
Download the root package
Download here (The package includes a .tar.md5 file that can be flashed in Odin. It also includes Odin 3)
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
Check your model number. Go to Settings>About Device>Model Number. It must be SCH-R530U. If it’s a different number DO NOT USE THIS ROOTING METHOD.
For carrier branded devices you must first check if you have an unlocked bootloader. Do not root unless you have an unlocked bootloader.
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root zip file you downloaded. You will need Odin and the Cf-Auto-Root file.
- Disconnect your device from the computer and power it off.
- Run Odin from the unzipped archive.
- Click on PDA and select the CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5 that was in the archive.
- Start your device in Download Mode (Press Volume Down+Home+Power at the same time. If this doesn’t work, just Google ‘download mode’ and your device model).
- Connect the device to the computer with the USB cable.
- Look at Odin and make sure the ‘Repartition’ option is NOT selected.
- Click Start.
- When the installation is finished the device will reboot.
If your device does not boot in recovery mode and root, repeat the procedure one more. If you continue to experience trouble, make sure you don’t have Auto Reboot checked in Odin. Now after installing the root, pull out the device’s battery and start your device in Recovery Mode manually (press Volume Up+Home+Power).
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.