Android 4.1.2 is the latest android version available for Galaxy S3 I9300. Keeping your phone update is very important, but also provides you with the latest fixes and features for your Galaxy S3 device. Rooting is needed if you want to install Custom ROMs or Mods or tweak your device. So if the XXELL6 version has reached your country or if you manually updated your device with it, then you definitely lost your root access. You will need to apply this rooting method to regain it. Make sure you follow the rooting steps with great caution because any mistake may cost you a lot.
In order to root your Galaxy S3 I9300 running Android 4.1.2 XXELL6 Jelly Bean you will need to use CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip and odin version 3.07.
!!! Important. Rooting your Galaxy S3 I9300 running Android 4.1.2 XXELL6 Jelly Bean will void your warranty. Also this procedure is not an official one, so bad things may happen to your device. For that, we cannot be held responsible for any damage. Continue on your own risk.
How to root Galaxy S3 I9300 running Android 4.1.2 XXELL6 Jelly Bean:
- Galaxy S3 I9300 running Android 4.1.2 XXELL6 Jelly Bean.
- Full data backup.
- USB Debugging enabled from Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging.
- Galaxy S3 I9300 drivers installed on your computer.
- Extract the content from CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip and place it on your desktop.
- Extract the content from Odin v3.07 to get the .exe file
- Turn off the phablet.
- Reboot Galaxy S3 I9300 in Download Mode (Press Volume Down + Home + Power buttons in the same time)
- Start Odin v3.07 (Right Click and press run as Administrator)
- Connect the Galaxy S3 I9300 to your computer with the USB cable. Wait for Odin to recognize your device by showing the yellow box in the left upper corner.
- Click on PDA and add the file you extracted from CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip. It should be a .tar.md5 file.
- When you are ready click on START. Make sure re-partition is not checked.
- At the end of the rooting process your Galaxy S3 I9300 will reboot. That means the phone is rooted.
This is it. You now have your Galaxy S3 I9300 running Android 4.1.2 XXELL6 Jelly Bean rooted.