Restoring contacts data to Android devices may seem stressful and challenging to many; however, the after going through this article, you will find it easy and fast.
To start with, you must download all your contacts to a computer. In case you don’t know how to do it, follow the steps below:
- Log in into your Lookout account in your computer
- Click on the “Backup & Download” option
- Choose the device you’d like to download the data from
- Tap on “Download your Data” option
- Select “Call Logs”, “Contacts” or “Picture”
- Click the “Download” button
To upload the downloaded file into your device, follow the steps below:
- Enable the contact sync in your device’s setting:
- Go to the “Settings”
- Go to the “Account” then select “Google
- At your Gmail address, make sure the “Sync Contacts” is checked
After your file is downloaded to your desktop; sign into your Gmail account. Make sure the account you are logging into is the same with that registered on your smartphone
- Select the “Gmail” drop down menu and then click on the “Contacts”
- Click on the “More” button, it is on the top left corner of your page.
- Select “Import” and a pop up menu appears
- On the menu, select “Choose File”, you receive some options to select “Choose File”. You’ll be given options to choose the directory where you downloaded CSV/Vcard file
- Select the “Import button”
Your contacts will be uploaded to the account registered on you device.