Android without any doubt is the leading mobile operating system in the world. The best thing about it is the fact that it is easy to use and play around with. Having said that, there are a few things on our favorite Android that annoy almost every user. We will be talking about the naughty pop-ups that can just show up anytime on our Android phones and listen to no one.
Just follow the simple steps below and say good-bye to pop-ups…
Before we start off, you might also be interested in our post on How to Use Pop up Video Multi Tasking on Samsung Galaxy S4
Blocking Pop-ups on Native Browser & Chrome
This one’s easy.
- Open the Android browser and click the three-dot options located at the top right of the screen.
- Click “settings” and then “advance”
- Turn on the “Block Pop-ups” option and you’re good to go.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
In case you’re not a big fan of Android browser (which most of us are not) and use Chrome instead, you can achieve the similar results.
- Open Chrome and then click the three dot options at the right of your screen.
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll down and select “site settings”
- Now select “pop-ups” – by default this option will be turned off but if it is not turn it off here.
Enabling Data Saver
For perfect browsing experience on Chrome, it is best to enable Data Saver option, which allows you to view the websites typically suited for a mobile experience. To do that just follow the below steps…
- Click “Settings”
- Select “Data Saver” and enable the function.
Install Ad-blocker For Android
If after doing everything above you’re still not satisfied then it is best to install Ad-blocker plus
The process is a little complicated but here is how it should be done.
- Go to “Settings” — “Security” — and enable “Unknown Sources”
- Now use Chrome to download Ad-blocker. Once it is downloaded, locate the file in File Manager and install it.
- Open Ad-blocker and click “Configure”
- Take a note of settings here on this page.
- Then go to your Wi-Fi and long press the network you’re connected to. Press “Modify Network”
- Enable “Show Advanced Option”
- Click “Proxy Settings” and change from “None” to “Manual”
- Simply change and enter the settings Ad-blocker gave you and you’re done!
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: