Stuck with Showbox not loading and don’t know how to get it back up again on your Android mobile phone or tablet? Here’s a complete guide on troubleshooting this unofficial entertainment app, and why using a VPN service such as ExpressVPN with it is essential.
While the current generation of internet users consider media streaming to be the one and only source of entertainment, it wasn’t so back in the day. Even after Google introduced YouTube under its wing and it rapidly became the largest source of video content in the world, there was a thriving community online that depended on torrents to get its daily dose of movies, TV shows, and so much more. For more than a decade, the torrenting community kept growing, up until a point where it was finally noticed by copyright agencies, which cracked down on it hard.
During this same time, there was an emergence of movies and TV shows streaming services that allowed users to enjoy premium content for free. One of the biggest names in this space is Showbox, and despite plenty of efforts that have been made to render the service redundant, ample support from the users seems to revive it each time. Considering that Showbox is entirely free to use and is supported by its community itself, there may be times when you experience Showbox not loading errors on the Android phone or tablet that you’re using.
Guide to Fix Showbox Not Loading Error
Right from the early days of the Showbox app, there has been a number of major fixes that have been needed to keep the app up and running for all users. While these updates were far more frequent back in the day, these version updates have become scarce as of late. Due to the intense crackdown by federal agencies to enforce copyright protection laws and the general shift towards premium subscription services has reduced the support for Showbox.
Nonetheless, the community is still going strong, which is why the app is still actively supported with regular updates sent out periodically. This does not mean that you won’t encounter the issue of Showbox not loading every now and then, and this could be related to either the app itself or several other factors surrounding it. We’ve taken the lead on finding out why users face this issue in the first place and rounded up methods on how you can fix the issues with the Showbox app effectively.
Solution No.1 – Reboot the Device
It may seem like a cliché move to turn off your Android device and then turn it on again to resolve the problems you’re facing with Showbox. But since it is one of the most effective methods that seem to work on every gadget and computer out there for fixing common errors, that’s where you should start off too.
- Begin by pressing and holding down the Power button and Volume Down button together until the device turns off.
- If the device screen stays dark and you’re unable to see if it is off, keeps pressing down on the Power button and Volume Down button until it vibrates.
- To reboot the device, press and hold the Power button until the display turns on and you should feel a vibration that indicates the Android device is booting up.
Solution No. 2 – Clear Showbox app cache
If you’ve been using the app for a while now and the Showbox not loading error seems to have appeared out of nowhere, it could a problem with the cached files. The app is constantly connecting to thousands of different servers to fetch the movies and TV shows for you to watch. This exchange of uploading and downloading data results in cached data, which can sometimes contain corrupt or erroneous files that could be causing the entire app to malfunction. The simplest method to take into effect in such cases is to clear the app cache using the system settings of the Android device.
- Using the home screen of your Android phone or tablet, head down to the Settings app.
- Scroll down to find the Storage section and then select the Apps section on the screen.
- In the list of all the apps installed on your device, look for the Showbox app and tap on it.
- You will now see the option to Clear cache, so proceed to press it and flushing out the cache files.
Solution No. 3 – Install the latest version of Showbox app
Since Showbox does offer premium content for free and is sought after by copyright enforcers, there’s no way it could make it officially to the Google Play Store. Meaning that you not only have to sideload the Showbox app but also update it manually each time a new version is released by the developers. If you’ve been using a specific version of the app and unexpectedly started facing the Showbox not loading issues, it might be time to reinstall the app.
- Make sure that you have Unknown Sources enabled from the Developer Options menu in the Settings.
- Find the latest version of Showbox from a verifiable source such as APKPure or Aptoide and download it to your device.
- Install the Showbox APK file on to the system and launch the app to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution No. 4 – Wipe device cache
Under certain circumstances, Android third-party apps have been known to conflict amongst each other, causing crashes and unwanted errors. This could be the reason behind Showbox not loading on your Android device, and since you can’t cherry-pick the apps you want to clear the cache files for, here’s what you need to do.
- Turn off your Android phone completely, press and hold the Volume Up button and Power button together.
- Let go of the Power button when the Android logo appears on the screen, but continue to hold down the Volume Up button.
- On the Android recovery menu, use the Volume Down button as a navigator to move the marker down to the wipe cache partition option.
- Press the Power button to select the option and confirm your action by pressing the Yes button.
- Wait until the process finishes and press the Power button when notified with the message to the Reboot system now on the screen.
Solution No. 5 – Use web-based Showbox app
One smart way of maintaining a strong community online that Showbox developers have implemented is through its official Showbox Twitter handle. Not only does the account have strong followership of more than 40,000, but it also has become the communication gateway to convey the current status of the app and when Showbox isn’t working. As of now, you don’t even need to install the Showbox app on your device, since it is available as a web app across mobile devices and computers as well.
- Open the web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Type in www.showbox.space to access the Showbox web app.
- You may have to sign up for the service before you can begin.
- Select any movie or TV show that you wish to watch and get started.
Since the web app does not require installation, it can be used without having to sideload the Showbox app, and now works on the iPhone and iPad as well.
Recommended – Use ExpressVPN with Showbox
One major reason why you may be facing the issue of Showbox not loading and giving you the error message to check your internet connection could be the network itself. Showbox fetches content from a wide number of different sources, some or all of which may be blocked by the ISP (Internet Service Provider). Under such circumstances, all you can really do is make your network connection anonymous, which would not only remove the blockade but also protect you from incurring any form of fines for using such services.
That’s when you need a virtual private network connection, that would mask your IP address, protecting your identity at all times. Additionally, a premium VPN service such as ExpressVPN would give you the ability to stream videos without having to suffer through the endless cycles of buffering. All you need to do is get the ExpressVPN app, turn it on, and begin using the Showbox app, which should not only allow you to connect to all of the servers for watching movies and TV shows for free but also protect you at all times.
The cord-cutting era has dawned upon us, and we’ve moved towards online media consumption at the pace that has never been recorded before. Apart from the big names in the streaming space such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and many others that offer the ability to enjoy entertaining content on a paid subscription basis, there has been significant demand for services such as Showbox as well. Whether you believe that services such as Showbox are good or bad, is entirely up to you, but if you do wish to use it and get rid of the Showbox not loading error, the steps highlighted about are all you will need.
Are you among the thousands of loyal patrons who have been facing issues with the Showbox app for a while now? Be sure to share your thoughts in the comments section right down below.