- The first thing that you could try is to remove the battery for 30 seconds while the device is still powered. After that replace the battery and restart the device. If you still have the dead pixel move on to the next step.
- Sometimes the dead pixel only appears on certain apps, so you will have to remove those applications completely from your device.
- If the problem is still there, perform a factory data reset.
- If the screen is still affected by dead pixels and you still haven't managed to repair it, it means that the screen is damaged. You can visit a repair service and get your phone checked for further assistance.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool