- First of all, know that you will not use the Power button at all.
- Connect your USB cable to the computer, but not to the device.
- Now, pull off the battery from your device, and then place it back.
- Press simultaneously the Volume Up + Volume Down buttons. With the buttons still pressed, connect the device to the USB cable.
- The phone should turn on now, and a screen with a yellow triangle and a warning should appear on the screen.
- Let go of the Volume Keys and press Volume Up once to enter Download Mode.
In this tutorial we will explain how to enter Download Mode on Galaxy S2 SGH-I727, also known as Skyrocket, using the key combination. This could be useful if you want to install a new kernel, ROM or Custom Recovery using Odin. Be careful if you proceed in installing such applications, as there are risks involved and you may brick your device.How to enter Download Mode on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool