- AirPush Detector — this handy app helps you get rid of push notification apps by identifying the application responsible.
- Lookout Ad Network Detector — this is another handy app that scans your Android device and identifies well known ad networks, then classifies them. For instance, you will be able to know which applications are capable of displaying push notification apps in the notification bar.
- Addons Detector — if either of the 2 apps above is unable to solve your problem, and you still cannot identify the applications that are showing push notifications, it’s time to try Addons Detector. This one actively monitors your device for notifications and tells you which app displayed them.
Just simply, unwanted ads are annoying, more so when they’re distracting you from an important task. Most Android users will however have to persevere these advertisement as they are a common package that comes with most free apps. Well, in case you didn’t know, a lot of the applications you get free of charge from the Google Play Store are so because their developers are able to earn some money from advertisement. However, if you have seen an ad in the notification area of your Android device, you almost certainly are dealing with an adware.Ads that appear on the notification area of an Android device are referred to as push notification ads. These are adverts that are displayed by naughty or even malicious apps that violate notification permissions to display ads even when you aren’t using them. But the good news is that you can now be able to find applications that show these kinds of push notifications and remove them before they cause you any more of a headache.Today, Google is actively cracking down on applications that abuse notifications. But this is not to mean you won’t come across one, especially if your Android device is running on a version lower than Jelly Bean.How to Find Apps that Show Push Notifications It’s not always easy catching push notification ads perpetrators. To start with, the icon next to the notification itself may help, as it gives you an idea what app is showing the notification. Every time you get unwanted push notification ads on your device, check to see whether you can identify the responsible app. If you are not able to make anything out of the icon though, there are other advanced ways to catch these culprits and get rid of them. Here are a number of handy apps that you can try:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool