Samsung Kies is a product developed by Samsung for their smartphone to simplify the use of your device, to sync files to manage music, applications, to update the phone to the latest firmware and to make backups of contacts and personal data. If you are preparing to do something that risks losing your personal data, it’s advised that you make a backup. Also if you want to root or install a Custom Rom you still need to do a backup. This guide will get you through the complete steps of making a backup of your Samsung device using Kies.
How to back-up using Samsung Kies:
- Considering that you already downloaded and installed Kies on your PC (if not you can download it from http://www.samsung.com/us/kies).
- Open Kies and then Click on Back up/Restore tab on the right upper corner.
- You can select now what you want to back up (Contacts, Music, Photos, Videos) or you can check the box saying “select all items”.
- Click on Back up button (Pic. 2)
- You will be prompted with a new window that shows you the progress. When the back up is finished, press the complete button.
How to restore data with Samsung Kies?
- Click on the restore button at the bottom of the main window (Pic. 3)
- A window will appear that asks you to select the back up file. You will have a list there that shows you all the back ups you made. Select the one that you need. Then click Next.
- If everything is how you want it, click Start Restore on the next window.
- Wait until the progress bar indicates that the restoration is complete, and click Complete.
QUICK NOTE: Free firmware downloads are made possible thanks in part to BlueHost Hosting & Dedicated Servers – Updato's #1 choice for hosting and storage solutions! Show your support and check 'em out.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
October 10 2014