How to block phone numbers using the Google DialerIn case you’ve the Google dialer app installed on your device, it is one of the simplest methods to add a phone number to the block list. To successfully block a particular number using the Google Dialer, follow these steps:
- Set up the Google Dialer application
- Click on the menu option which is next to the microphone icon on the top part of the application.
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Call Blocking
- Go to Add a Number
- Then enter the number you would like to block
- Tap on the phone number in your dialer
- Tap on the ‘Block/report spam’
- Do this for all phone numbers you want to block.
How to block phone numbers using MessengerMoreover, you can use the SMS application, Messenger to add a number to the new Android 7.0 master-blocking list. Do that by following the steps below:
- Open the Messenger application
- Tap on the menu option
- Go to Blocked contacts option
- Tap on the Add a Number option
- Enter the number you intend to block
Changing default applicationsIt’s necessary to change some applications to the default mode. If either the Google Dialer, the Messenger or the Hangouts applications are not the default, you may need to edit that. If those applications aren’t in the default mode, the options for blocking the numbers will not be effective. Here is how to change back the default:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps.
- Click the gear icon located on top part of your screen.
- Select either SMS or Phone to change default you need.
- From the list, select a new default.
Complicated blockingAs for new, it’s complicated to block a certain phone number. According to the developer notes, it should be done using the default phone application. It will take a while for Android 7.0 to be rolled out to the Nexus smartphones and by that time, the SMS application or phone application will probably offer support for blocking phone numbers. For now, go through these steps.
Source: Tech Radar
Similar / posts
January 23 2020
January 19 2020
January 15 2020