We have all lost or misplaced our smartphones at one point or another – sometimes in the car, or in our homes. Now, instead of searching everywhere to find it, you can easily rely on Google for help.
For awesome location results, your device should be connected to a Wi-Fi signal, but mobile and GPS networks can still manage to pinpoint an accurate location. First, make sure you have a Google account to access the tracking services.
How to activate Android Device Manager(ADM)
- Go to Settings > Security
- Click on Device Administration.
- Tap the Android Device Manager for the checkmark to appear in the checkbox.
- Tap on the back button twice to return to the Settings menu
- Hit Location and then tap on the switching besides location which is found at the top of your device’s screen.
- Then tap Mode > High accuracy
- Hit the back button and then click Google Location History.
- Hit the switch beside Location History to turn it on.
- Then tap the switch beneath your device to turn it on.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
How to locate your device using Google
- Your smartphone must be connected with your Google account
- Your handset must be connected to the internet
- Allowed ADM to locate your handset.
- Allowed ADM to lock your smartphone and erase all the data .
Once you have met the requirements above, follow the steps below to locate your device.
- Launch the web browser from another phone, computer, or tablet
- Go to Google, if it is not on your home page or at the default search engine.
- At Google’s search bar, enter find my phone android
- Click on Android Device Manager which is usually the very first option.
- Type your email address and the password you set
When your smartphone is located, Google gives you these three options:
- Ring your device so that it can make noise.
- Lock your device so that the person with it can’t access its home screen.
- Erase your device. This is the best option if it was stolen and you can’t retrieve it.
This only works for Android phones. If your find your device is stolen and then find it using this service, do no attempt to retrieve it yourself. Leave that to the police.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
February 07 2017
December 29 2016