Despite having a rocky couple of years, BlackBerry is alive and kicking with devices like the Priv and DTEK50. While security is the main selling point of BlackBerry’s Android-based devices, features like BlackBerry Hub app are attractive too.
In a surprising turn of events, the Canadian company has released BlackBerry Hub app on the Google Play Store. Meaning that you can now have the universal inbox app on any Android device for free. To know more, here’s a quick guide on how to make the most out of BlackBerry Hub Android app.
Things you can do with BlackBerry Hub app:
- Manage multiple email accounts without switching apps
- Supports Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook.com, Microsoft Exchange accounts, and IMAP/POP3 email providers
- Conversational View
- One swipe snooze so you can view a message at a later date, time, or location
- Select recipients for email messages using suggested contacts
- Compose email messages and social posts or respond directly to messages and calendar invitations
- Create Custom Views to organize your messages how you want them
- Supports Android for Work deployment
Installing the BlackBerry Hub app
Before you can create a universal inbox for your email and social media accounts with BlackBerry hub, you need to right app. BlackBerry Hub+ Services is the background service that allows you to use one of the best apps that the brand has to offer. Simply search for the app in the Google Play Store or download it using the link given below:
Setting up BlackBerry Hub
Once you have installed the app, you need to grant it permissions before you can access its features. Simply go through the various permission screens that pop up the first time you open the app and select “ALLOW” every time.
Once you’re done with permissions, it is time to set up your BlackBerry Hub account using your preferred email address. After signing into your Google account using your password and two-step authentication code, you can go ahead and go through the “Account options”
After configuring your account, you can also add your social media accounts to the BlackBerry Hub app from the slide-out menu. With a simply click on “+ Add account” option, you can add another email address or social media account to the app.
Have you tried the universal inbox that the BlackBerry Hub app for Android provides? Do let us know your thoughts on the app in the comments section.
Source: Tech Republic
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: