- First, you will have to turn on the tool. For this you have to go to Settings>Quick Settings> Safety Assistance. You will see four options here: Emergency Mode; Geo News; Send Help Messages; Manage primary contacts. Press on Send Help Messages and you will be prompted with a disclaimer from Samsung. Accept the terms (before reading them of course :) ) and turn on the function.
- You can select whether you also want to send voice messages and photos from the two cameras. The basic text will contain an SOS message with your current location.
- In the Manage Primary Contacts menu you can select who are the persons that you want to send the SOS message to. You can choose up to four contacts.
- To send the emergency message you have to press the power/lock button three times one after another. Go ahead and test the feature to get accustomed to it, but make sure you first tell your friends that they are going to receive an SOS message from you , just to make sure you don't scare them.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool