- First, you will have to turn on the tool. For this you have to go to Settings>Quick Settings> Safety Assistance. You will see four options here: Emergency Mode; Geo News; Send Help Messages; Manage primary contacts. Press on Send Help Messages and you will be prompted with a disclaimer from Samsung. Accept the terms (before reading them of course :) ) and turn on the function.
- You can select whether you also want to send voice messages and photos from the two cameras. The basic text will contain an SOS message with your current location.
- In the Manage Primary Contacts menu you can select who are the persons that you want to send the SOS message to. You can choose up to four contacts.
- To send the emergency message you have to press the power/lock button three times one after another. Go ahead and test the feature to get accustomed to it, but make sure you first tell your friends that they are going to receive an SOS message from you , just to make sure you don't scare them.
When Samsung releases a new flagship, it also includes a ton of "bloatware" and unnecessary apps that you may never use. If you do use them, it will probably be only out of curiosity. But some of these apps can be useful. Today I am discussing the example of the Safety Assistance app, a security tool introduced by Samsung with the purpose of getting you out of trouble when you need it. Safety Assistance is a tool that will send an emergency SMS containing your current location, a short audio recording and a picture taken with the front and rear camera to a select group of contacts of your choice. I'll explain below exactly how this app works. Meanwhile remember that this is just a tool and Samsung clearly states that this is not the same as calling 911, and that Samsung is not responsible for anything. However in some cases this app may be your savior, since most 911 systems don't accept text messages, and because your friends may respond a lot faster as they know who you are and really care about you. How to use Safety Assistant:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool