1. Gap Between Body and ScreenSome people have complained of a gap around the screen. There are videos and photos of the Note 4 users sticking their credit cards in the gap between the body and screen. Both at the sides and at the tops of the Galaxy Note 4. The gap may cause over friction between the parts making the gap to widen slightly. Potential solution Either return the Galaxy Note 4 or ignore the gap if it doesn’t affect you handset.
2. ‘OK Google’ Fails to WorkSome Note 4 users have been making numerous reports of the voice command ‘OK Google’ failing to work. For some, it worked awesome after the initial setup but stopped working after 3 days Potential solutions
- Turn off the Voice wake up at the Settings menu of S Voice. The S Voice should be on for the OK Google to function.
- Go to the ‘Settings’, to ‘Language and input’ to ‘Voice Search’ and then to ‘OK Google’. Make sure that the Detection is always on. Then restart your device
- If you are still having the issue, check your applications one by one. Begin with the wearable applications, anything that can access the notification. You can also factory reset you device and selectively re install the applications till you find the culprit.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Randomly Restarts
- In case you are using and SD card in your Galaxy Note 4, then this is the very first thing to check. Remove the microSD card from your handsets then test to see if the issue still occur. In case the problem is solved, back the data from the SD card to a computer then format it on the Galaxy Note 4 through ‘Settings’ then to ‘Storage’ to ‘Format SD card.’
- Try a factory reset. Before doing this, make sure that all your data is properly backed up. To do this, Go to ‘Settings’ then to ‘Back and Reset’, to ‘Factory data reset’ to ‘Reset device and then ‘Erase everything.’
- Contact the carrier, retailer and arrange a replacement.
4. Menu Key MissingIf you are updating form another device to the Galaxy Note 4, you might be annoyed by lack of the Menu key. Potential solutions
- Many manufactures have updated their applications to include a menu option as the software button. It I an icon with 3 dots, swipe to reveal it.
- For older applications that have not updated with a software option, long press on the recent applications key to bring up the menu.
Similar / posts
Firmware news roundup [08/06/18]: Android P likely to be announced in the 20th of August, Note 4 receives an update 4 years after its release, and more
August 06 2018