Fitness trackers are very useful in our day-to-day lives. Despite a few downsides, Fitbit fitness trackers are the most popular fitness trackers in today’s market. While most of us are having a good day, some of the Fitbit users could face challenges like the Fitbit heart rate not syncing or display issues and so on.
Covet-worthy wearable devices that you need right now
Most of the common Fitbit issues can be easily solved with the aid of Fitbit Connect but some issues need external aid. Here are the most common Fitbit issues and how to fix them.
1. Syncing issues
The Fitbit trackers usually sync with Android handsets via Bluetooth. Unfortunately, the syncing is at times ineffective. If you are having syncing issues with your Fitbit tracker follow the solutions below.
- Make sure that you have installed the Fitbit application on your smartphone.
- Make sure Bluetooth is on and you are connecting the Fitbit tracker to one device.
- Open the Fitbit application and make sure that All-Day option is on. The Always Connected option should also be turned on.
- You may need to force the Fitbit application from running. Go to Settings > Apps > Fitbit > Force Stop.
- Restart your device
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
2. Display issues
Fitbit Zip offers a great experience. A common occurring issues among the Fitbit ZIP users is the problem with the display.
- Check the status of the battery. To do this, go to the Fitbit application dashboard and then hit on the image of the tracker.
- Remove the battery and after 10 seconds but it back to the device. Make sure that the ‘+’ sign of the battery face up.
- Give your Fitbit Zip a tap. The display should work fine.
3. Charging issues
Some Fitbit users have experienced problems while charging their Fitbit trackers. The company has even gone to an extent of replacing some units which have these issues. If your device is not charging properly, these solutions might be of great help.
- Make sure that the charging cable is clean.
- Plug the Fitbit charger to a different account.
- Confirm that the Fitbit pins are properly line up on the charging cable.
- Restart the Fitbit device.
- Replace the charger if it is a little beat up.
4. Silent alarm not working
Most Fitbit handsets can wake you up via silent alarms. Many users have complained that their silent alarms are not working at all. Fortunately, there are a few fixes that can help you solve the problem.
- Ensure that the silent alarm is set on your Fitbit tracker. Open the Fitbit application. Select Account, and Tap on your Fitbit device and select Silent Alarm.
- Test the vibration motor by swiping to the Time screen. Tap it and then hit Stopwatch. Tap the play icon and your Fitbit tracker should vibrate.