Factory data reset isn’t something you do that often, but it’s something you need to know how to do all the same. There are various reasons why you might need to factory reset your HTC One M9. For once, you might need to fix a corrupted software, or just clear everything off and start afresh. A factory reset wipes away all your data from the internal storage of your device. If you’ve got a few important pieces of information sitting on your device, you might as well want to back them up.
There are two different methods of initiating a factory reset on your HTC One M9 smartphone.
- Initiating the reset from settings menu
- Using the hardware buttons
Steps to factory reset your HTC One M9
Step 1 – backup
Again, a factory reset will do away with all data in your internal storage. Before you go right ahead and reset your smartphone, you probably want to back up everything either through your HTC account, or Google account all the same. You might also backup your data to PC. The factory reset process usually has an option that asks whether you want to wipe data from your microSD card too. If you’re going to be erasing the microSD too, make sure you have the information in there backed up first.
Step 2 – factory reset from settings
- Once the backup is done, go to your settings menu.
- Scroll down to backup and restore.
- Tap on the reset phone
- In the next screen, you should see a listing of all data that will be wiped from your HTC smartphone during the reset procedure. You’ll also see an option to include the microSD in the reset.
- Upon confirmation, your phone will reboot and start the reset process.
- Once everything is done as it should, your device should restart and power back on.
- From here you can restore all your data from wherever you backed it up.
Or – factory reset using hardware buttons
If for some reason you’re unable to factory reset the HTC One M9 from the settings menu, you can do it via the hardware buttons.
- Make sure that your phone is off for this to work.
- Press and hold down the volume up button, then simultaneously hold the power button till your device vibrates and turns on.
- Once you see the white HTC splash screen, immediately release the power button but continue holding down the volume up button till you see the Recovery mode screen.
- You will be presented with options to reboot your device, power it down, and an option for factory data reset.
- Use the volume down button to scroll to the factory data reset option.
- Once highlighted, press the power button to select it.
- Your device should begin to reboot and commence the reset procedure.
- Once the factory data reset has been concluded, your device should power back on and you can now restore your data.
That’s it. A set of simple steps that you should have no problem factory resetting your HTC One M9.
Image: Droid Life
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: