Android phones normally have massive internal memory for data storage. However, many of these cell phones also support microSD card, especially the famous ones. While they are good support for extended storage, microSD cards have a weakness that they are easily corrupted from virus or suffer from other system errors. If you have any such problem in your Android, you can easily sort this out. There are a many easy ways to fix Android phone microSD cards.
We have chosen two most common ways of fixing your microSD card for Android phone:
How to Fix Android Phone MicroSD Card with Windows Computer:
- Unplug your SD card from the phone.
- Connect the card to Windows computer that also has a card-reader installed.
- To find out whether the memory card is physically damaged or not, see the results. If it is not damaged, the computer will recognize it as removable drive. Otherwise, it’s damaged.
- Open “cmd” for disk checking.
- Type “chkdsk H:f” and press enter. Here, “H” is the directory name of your microSD card in your computer. (Your computer might have a different directory name. Type the name of directory in place of “H”)
- After receiving above-mentioned command, the computer will automatically check errors in the memory card.
- Now you should try to access the card. If you get an access, you will be able to use the card in your phone.
- Put the microSD card back to the Android phone. It’ll now, work!
How to Fix Android Phone MicroSD Card From The Phone
This method should only be used when you have no other options, or any emergency. In most of the cases, formatting MicroSD card in the phone results in data loss from the card. However, this method will help fix Android phone microSD card. If possible, create backups of your card before following these steps:
- Enter Recovery Mode: Entering in the recovery mode depends upon the brand of Android phone you are using. For example, if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can enter the mode by pressing Volume + Power button simultaneously. If you have different brand of Android phone, you can find the steps of entering recovery mode, on the Internet.
- Format: After entering the recovery mode, press the “Format SD Card” option to format your card.
It is highly likely that you card will start functioning properly after the format. If it doesn’t it needs to be physically checked for damages and maybe replaced.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE:
Similar / posts
January 05 2017
October 24 2016