TalkBack mode is a special feature in smartphones that is oriented to help people with low vision or the blind. This is because such people can’t see what is happening on their smartphone’s screen. If you have a device that is running Android 4.0 or later, your smartphone has the TalkBack feature.
It is quite easy to enable this feature but rather hard to disable it. This feature is irritating to people who don’t have an issue with their vision. Most of us enable this feature just to check how it operates. But, it is stressful and time consuming to spend most of your precious time when disabling it.
Disable TalkBack Mode on Android
- Using your two fingers at the same time, slide down the notification panel. Make sure the fingers aren’t attached and then select ‘Setting’
- Once again use your two fingers and swipe them to go to accessibility.
- Press on accessibility and then double tap to open.
- You will see the TalkBack feature at the top. You will also see an on and off button. Double tap the off button to disable the TalkBack mode
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
Unlock your device in password mode.
- In case you’ve selected the Password Unlock mode and you are unable to key in your password due to TalkBack Mode, follow the steps below.
- Long press your password’s field and double tap on it.
- You will now see your device’s keyboard. Long press the numbers or alphabets of your password.
- After typing your password, double tap/long press the ‘Done’ button on your keyboard.
- After that follow the process described in the disabling TalkBack Mode section to disable the TalkBack Mode.
Phone still talking even after turning the feature off?
If you’ve a Samsung Galaxy smartphone, there’s another possibility that your handset speaks while doing particular things on your device. If you’re facing this issue, it’s the Driving Mode feature which is making your smartphone speak each and every time you have an incoming message or call. The Driving Mode can be disabled right from the notification panel.
Source: Cyber and Time
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: