- To get started, turn on the Samsung Galaxy Apps store app on your smartphone.
- Hit on the ‘More’ button so as to access ‘Settings’ menu located in the upper-right section of your device screen.
- This is the last step. Tap to disable the toggle next to ‘Push notification’. This effectively makes sure that no push notifications from the Google Apps store app bother you.
Smartphone manufacturers have stubbornly insisted on launching their own app stores. That’s precisely why you’ll find the Galaxy Apps Store on Samsung handset. Realistically, though, you can get more than what you need on the Google Play Store, which is home to over 2 million distinct apps based on early 2016 statistics. Although the Samsung Galaxy App Store sometimes offers useful stuff, it’s far from perfect. In fact, some owners have complained about aggressive promotions and intrusive notifications that affect user experience in a negative way.If you just recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S7, the Samsung Galaxy Edge, the Galaxy Note 5 or any other earlier device from Samsung, you expect a premium user experience. Unwanted promotions and notifications coming from the Galaxy App Store can be detrimental to this. The good news, however, is that you can easily turn off these notifications by following a number of simple steps.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool