You must have seen QR Codes in a lot of places and wanted to know what they are meant for. QR code (Quick Response Code) is a kind of matrix barcode, used initially by Japanese automotive industry. They contain embedded information pertaining with the brand or the company, such as website, email address or location. Android phones have an ability to read these matrix barcodes. Because a wide majority of people use Android phones, many of them have initiated to create QR codes in order to store their own information. In the following lines, you will be able to learn easy steps showing how you can create QR codes using Android phone and the app known as “Barcode Reader/Generator”.
- Search “Barcode Reader” in the “Play Store App” and select the required application
- Install the application in your Android phone.
- Once it is installed, “Open” the application. You will see the “text” option at the top of your screen.
- Click on the “text” option. It will display the dropdown menu. Some of the options displayed in the dropdown menu are Calendar Event, Contact Information, Geo Location, Phone Number, Text, URL and others.
- Select the type of information you like to embed in your QR code. For example, if you chose a URL, the barcode will lead people to a website.
- After you selected the type of text, you need to enter the relevant text. For instance, if you opted for URL, enter the relevant web address.
- Click on “Generate”. This option is available beside the text option, at the top of your screen.
- After the barcode is generated, you can save it and send it to your friends and family members and share the encoded information.
You can create QR codes to share confidential information meant for specific person. This is a good way to hide the text and important information from public.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: