One of the greatest features of Google Play Store is the ability to manage purchases and download applications right from your browser. You can also easily download an application form the Play Store on your web browser. Just by clicking Install, are your Android handsets that can run the application are revealed.
Unfortunately, the default names such as ‘SM-G930A’ or any other technical description seems wonky and unprofessional. To change the name of your smartphone, follow the steps below:
- Open Google Play Store and open Settings
- You will see a list of your previous and current Android handsets
- Tap Edit on the smartphone, Android TV, or tablet that you want to change the name.
- You will be able to type in whatever you want in the box.
- Once you have finished that, click update.
- You now see a brand new name assigned to that device.
- When you go to your web browser to install a new application, you will see the name you just entered from the drop-down list.
- This process can be easily repeated whenever you want to change the name of a device or when you purchase a new handset.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: