One of the Android’s greatest feature is the ability to choose a default application for particular actions. You can easily activate any SMS app, home screen launcher, phone, or third-party browser to the default application always used for those actions.
How to manage default application
Install the Default App Manager Lite. This application does everything for you. It displays and changes defaults for the majority of files time. You just have to select what application you want to run for specific functions or files.
It also gives you an overview of what your Android device considers as default and the ability to change the defaults to suit your needs.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
Why app launching may fail
Sometimes, the Default App Manager may fail to support the file type that you are struggling with. Moreover, your smartphone may pick the default it had before you altered it. In case either of these issues occurs, look at how Android system selects a default application in the first place.
Most Android users are selecting what applications to run by default on their handset even without knowing it. The process is very simple, so it is easy for some people to select a default application without knowing they have done so.
How to set a default application if none exists
- Start an activity
- Begin an activity that you desire to set a default application to.
- Choose Always
- A dialogue box that provides with a number of applications you can use appears. Select the application you want. You will be asked to choose ‘Always’ or ‘Only once’ after selecting the app. To set the application to default, hit ‘Always’.
- If you install a new application that serves the same purpose, you will be asked once more to choose the ‘Always’ or ‘only once’ options.
Change default applications
- The process of changing default application has been re-packed with Android 7.0 Nougat. Here is a step to step guide on how to change the default applications.
- Go to Settings and then to Apps
- Hit on the cog at the top most of your device’s screen. You will see a part labeled Default within the Configure apps.
- They are 4 different types of applications that you can set to default: SMS, phone, browser, and home. Tapping on one of them leads you to different choices. To change the option selected, simply choose the new option.
- Often, when you use one of the applications for the very first time, it asks you if you want to make it default. So, if you happen to change your mind, go through the process above to change things around.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: