Block a phone number on Stock AndroidIf you own a stock Android based device such as Nexus 6P or Moto X, you’ll be bummed to know that Lollipop and Marshmallow do not come with a built-in call blocking feature. Whether or not you can block a call depends on your carrier. To check if you can block a phone number on your device, open the Phone app, tap on the number you wish to block and see the details. If your carrier allows call blocking, the feature should available under the menu option as “Add to blacklist” or “Reject call”. However, there is a way to block the number without the integrated call block option.
- Save the number you wish to block under any name.
- Go to the Contacts app and open the contact you wish to block.
- Press the “Pencil” icon on the top right corner and then tap on the menu icon.
- Select the “All calls to voicemail” option and indirectly block their calls.
Block a phone number on Android - SamsungIrrelevant of your Samsung device, you probably have the call block option built into the software of your smartphone.
- Tap on the Phone app, navigate to Call Log and select the number you want to block.
- Now tap on the More button at the top right corner and select “Add to auto reject list”.
- Go to the Settings app and (depending on your Samsung smartphone model), navigate to the “Call rejection” tab.
- The Call rejection option includes “Auto reject list”, which shows you the list of numbers you have added to the call reject list.
- In this tab, you can either select to remove a number from the list, or manually add a number. You can also select “Rejection messages” which is sent to the number every time their call is rejected.
Block a phone number on Android – LGLG takes call blocking to the next level by allowing you to block a number directly from the call screen. If your LG smartphone is running Android Lollipop, you can simply drag the red phone icon from the call screen to the centre of the screen to block the number right away. You can then open the Call reject option and manage all the numbers you have blocked.
- Open the Settings app, go to “Wireless and networks”, and then tap on “Call”
- Press “Reject calls” to see the list of blocked numbers, and press on the “+” icon to add more numbers to the call reject list. You can also select to reject all the calls you receive from unknown numbers.
Block a phone number on Android - HTCSimilar to Samsung, HTC also makes it super easy for users to block unwanted callers directly from the Phone app.
- Open the Phone app and navigate to the number you wish to block.
- Press and hold on the number you wish to block, and then tap on “Block caller”
Similar / posts
February 21 2020
February 18 2020
February 14 2020