- Change the vibration pattern. There is a new setting that allows you to modify the way your phone vibrates using different pattern. You have to go to Settings > Sound > Device vibration and you will have there a few vibration patterns: basic call, heartbeat, jinglebell, ticktock, waltz, zig-zig-zig. There is also an option that allows you to create your own vibration pattern. Click on the 'Create' button at the bottom of the screen and use the tool to create your own vibration style.
- Change the lock screen shortcuts. If you go to Settings > Lock screen > Lock screen options > Shortcuts you will be able to select what shortcuts you want to have at the lock screen. All you have to do is drag the old ones to trash and the new ones on the screen. If you have Facebook installed you can even place Facebook on lock screen in the lock screen options > information ticker > contents type menu.
- Stock messaging app personalize. In the menu settings of the messaging app you will have the option to change the message bubble style with different presets.
- Lock screen Camera quick access. After activating the setting in the settings > lock screen > lock screen options > camera quick access, go to lock screen and place one finger on the screen. In the same time rotate the camera at 90 degrees to launch the camera app.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool