- Change the vibration pattern. There is a new setting that allows you to modify the way your phone vibrates using different pattern. You have to go to Settings > Sound > Device vibration and you will have there a few vibration patterns: basic call, heartbeat, jinglebell, ticktock, waltz, zig-zig-zig. There is also an option that allows you to create your own vibration pattern. Click on the 'Create' button at the bottom of the screen and use the tool to create your own vibration style.
- Change the lock screen shortcuts. If you go to Settings > Lock screen > Lock screen options > Shortcuts you will be able to select what shortcuts you want to have at the lock screen. All you have to do is drag the old ones to trash and the new ones on the screen. If you have Facebook installed you can even place Facebook on lock screen in the lock screen options > information ticker > contents type menu.
- Stock messaging app personalize. In the menu settings of the messaging app you will have the option to change the message bubble style with different presets.
- Lock screen Camera quick access. After activating the setting in the settings > lock screen > lock screen options > camera quick access, go to lock screen and place one finger on the screen. In the same time rotate the camera at 90 degrees to launch the camera app.
Some days ago a leaked version of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 was released on the internet world as version XXLSJ. This is a long awaited update by the Galaxy S2 users because the ICS update was for most of them a disappointment.One major change brought by the 4.1.2 update is in the UI that is now the same Nature UX first used in Galaxy S3. The entire OS interface has changed making the phone look brand new once again. There have been changes and improvements in the TW launcher, the notification bar and title bar. The XXLSJ version is a test firmware and thus it is not something to have installed permanently. Even so, the OS seems very close to perfection with only a few issues here and there, and with an overall performance and smoothness that surely will make a lot of Galaxy S2 users happy.Other features of Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S2:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool