- NEW Ink effect on the lock screen (works only with the S pen). Here's a video that show you how Ink effect works: http://youtu.be/FdQ7aCzG9zk
- Disable brightness slider option now available
- Customize the Volume key action when using the Camera with 'Use volume key as' option
- New camera option ' In low light' to be used when the light environment is poor
- Editable notification bar
- Option to disable Multi Window
- Complete black Status Bar
- Increased smoothness in browser.
- Stock music player widget now allows scrolling the playlist without showing the 'loading' message.
- Overall increase in battery performance
Because a leaked version XXDLJ2 of Android 4.1.2 is now available for Galaxy Note 2 we can now list every new feature that Android 4.1.2 has over 4.1.1 on the Note 2. The leaked firmware is a test firmware so there can also be some bugs, but overall the OS work very well and performs as an official OS. Still it's recommended to wait for the official update if you are looking for a daily OS. Until now, the test firmware XXDLJ2 has performed really well on most devices with almost no FC (force close) and an overall performance better than with the 4.1.1 Android version. Here is a list with added features in the Android 4.1.2 Galaxy Note 2 version:
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool