Google Now on Tap is one of the notable functions that came with Google’s Android Marshmallow operating system. The idea of the feature is quite simple, Google Now scans the content on your current screen and as a result provide you with relevant information. For instance, if you want to know about a particular restaurant mentioned on your screen, Google Now on Tap pulls up a card with information about the said restaurant, including the its address, the directions, and where applicable its website and even menus, and whatever other information that may apply. Now that you know how useful it can be, how do you enable it and start using it on your Android smartphone? Take a look:
How to enable Google Now on Tap
It is worth mentioning that Google Now on Tap can only be used on devices running Android 6.0 Marshmallow and above. Therefore if your device runs on any previous version, this guide isn’t for you.
- In order to set up Google Now, you’ll first need to download the Google app. Once its installed, launch up the Google app and tap the Yes, I’m in! button which will automatically have Google Now enabled.
- Open Google Now.
- You’ll now need to either slide towards the right side of the screen or press the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the screen, to open up the app’s menu.
- Select Settings.
- On the Settings menu, navigate to the Voice section.
- There you’ll notice the Now on Tap option with a check box beside it. Tap the box to have it checked. You’ll see a confirmation bar pop up, prompting you to confirm if you’re sure. Confirm to proceed.
- That’s it! Google Now on Tap is now activated on your Android.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
How to use Google Now on Tap
Using Google Now on Tap is actually pretty easy. All you have to do is the following:
- Go to the information or content on your device you want Google Now on Tap to scan. This can be anything from a text message, a tweet, an email or address, whatever you want.
- Long press the Home button.
- After a couple of seconds, Google Now on Tap will appear with all the information relevant to the subject, that is, if any is available.
Google Now on Tap is very useful, especially when you don’t want to go through the trouble of navigating to your Google browser to manually look up the information you need.
Are you using Google Now on Tap? In what situations has it come in handy? Let us know in the comments.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: