With the Google’s Remote Desktop application for Chrome, accessing a Mac or PC from any Android smartphone is easy and does not require installing any desktop software. With this application, you can easily remote control your PC.
Moreover, the application is also a great way of accessing your files from outside your house, or control a home theater PC without using a keyboard or a mouse or even using a ‘headless’ system without using a monitor.
To get started, you need to have the following:
- A PC running Chrome
- An Android handsets running Android 4.0 and above
- You need to be logged in with the same account on both the Chrome browser and your Android handsets.
- You also need an active internet connection on both handsets. Having both the PC and your smartphone connect to the same network does not bypass this requirement.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
How to use Chrome Remote Desktop app to access your PC
- Open Google Play Store and Install Chrome Remote Desktop application on your smartphone.
- Open Google Chrome on the PC. Since you are using the Chrome Remote Desktop application, you need a partner browser that is Google Chrome.
- Launch your Chrome browser. Once it is opened, you’ll see a colored 3×3 grid labeled ‘Apps.
- Click the grid so that you can access the Application menu.
- Click ‘Web Store’ which is found at the bottom right corner. Now you can find applications that will run on your Chrome browser.
- Install the Chrome Remote Desktop on the browser. You only need to use the search bar to find the application. After you find it, hit on the ‘+ Add To Chrome’ button to have it installed.
- Return to the Application menu and you will find the application. Click on the application to run it and then log into your Google account. This allows the app to access your PC.
- Enable remote connections. On the PC, open the application and find ‘My Computers’. Tap on the ‘Enable Remote Connections’ button. This downloads a file named ‘chromeremotedesktop.msi’.
- Install the Remote Connections by running the file downloaded on your PC and allowing any user access that’s required during automatic installation.
- Configure the Remote connections. After installing the file, the app will ask you to enter a 6-digit PIN twice for security reasons. After entering the PIN, the computer is enabled for remote use.
- Run the Chrome Remote Desktop app on Android and the detected PCs are listed.
- Tap on the computer you want to access and after entering the pin, you get full access to the computer.
This is also another app that helps Android users access their computers from an Android Phone. You just need to install the application on both your Android handset and your computer. Run the application on both your devices. On your Android device, enter the number found on the PC in the TeamViewer ID, and then hit ‘Remote Control’ Your PC screen appears on your device and you can now access it.
Source: Intel free press
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: