Evernote is one of the most popular Android note taking apps that offers more than a paperless way of organizing your life. If you like to make your daily life more productive then Evernote is packed with functionalities that do just that, all of which are accessible for free. Here are some of the tricks you can use to become an Evernote-based productivity expert.
1. Notes customization
You’ll notice that when you tap the ‘plus’ or ‘add’ icon to start a new note, six default choice options appear, including Camera, Attachment, Work Chat, Reminder, Handwriting and Text Note. However, did you know that there are also five other note options to choose from? And no, these aren’t just available on the premium version of Evernote. You can a select other new note options such as Business Card Camera, Document Camera, Post-it Camera, Speech-to-text and Audio. Making use of them is easy:
- Tap the three-dotted options menu icon at the top right corner of the Evernote screen.
- Select the Settings option
- On the following page, select Notes then tap Customize + Button.
- This will bring you to all the new note options combined, here you can select at least 6 different actions you want to pop up whenever you want to add or create a new note.
Side Note: Looking to start your own website/blog? We highly recommend using Bluehost, and you can get started now at $2.95/month, which is an exclusive deal only available here on Updato!
You can get the best out of Evernote by trying out any and all of the different options provided.
2. Customization of your Post-it notes tags
If you are a fan of the Post-it notes at your place of work, then Evernote’s Post-it note functionalities are going to be very useful. Your Post-it notes can be captured as pictures, which can then be saved as notes on your app. What’s more, you have the option to set Evernote to automatically sort these notes using colors. To do this simply do the following:
- Tap the three dotted menu options icon at the right top corner of the screen.
- Hit the Settings tab and navigate to Camera.
- On the page that follows, tap the Post-it notes option.
- Here you are allowed to select the Evernote actions you want from four different Post-it notes colors. From here you can also attach them onto individual notebooks, set reminders for them and even tag them, making them easier to browse through.
These colored Post-it notes will then be tagged, organized with a reminder about them also being sent. This makes sorting of handwritten notes into the productivity app, all the more convenient.
3. Switch from your default notebook
If you are a frequent user of the Evernote app, then you must have a few notebooks already created. Your default notebook is the notebook you initially created when you first started using the app. If it’s not your most frequently used notebook and you want to set another notebook as your default, then you can do so with this simple steps:
- Tap the three dotted options menu icon at the top right corner of the Evernote screen.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Tap the Notebooks option and then choose Default personal notebook. You can now choose the notebook you want to set as your default.
Once its set up, every time you launch the Evernote app, it will be the first notebook you see. You will no longer to search through your other notebooks to find it.
4. Back up your Evernote pictures to your photo gallery
Evernote allows you to take pictures which can then be stored in your notebooks and can also be sorted easily. However if these photos aren’t notes then you can move them from Evernote and save them automatically on to the photo gallery on your phone. To set this up:
- Tap the three dotted options menu icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings and then tap Camera.
- Now check the Save to photo gallery box.
From now on the photos taken on your Evernote app will be instantly saved in to your phone’s photo gallery.
5. Email to your Evernote
Did you know that you could forward your emails to your Evernote? To enable this, follow this steps:
- Tap the options menu icon at the right top corner of your screen.
- Head into Settings and tap Account Info.
- Your Evernote email address will be displayed under the Evernote Email section.
You can use this email by copying it to the contacts on your email account, and just simply forwarding the emails on your inbox to your Evernote email address. Once they hit Evernote, they will be added and stored as notes.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: