An unlocked Nexus 5X gives you a number of advantages you can play around with. Unlocking your device is usually the first thing you need to do before you can take a plunge into the world of Custom ROMs, root and recovery and add that punch to your device system. With this advantages also comes some major risks, for example a locked bootloader prevents you from messing up or ultimately destroying your device. Thus you should be aware of what you are getting into before you proceed.
Backup all your data as this process may have your device data completely wiped out.
You will need a USB Type-A to USB Type-C cable, as Nexus 5X does not feature one.
Install Google USB Drivers onto your computer
Unlock some of the features in Developer options. On your Settings, scroll to About Phone and tap seven times continuously on Build number until you are alerted that the Developer options is enabled.
Return to the Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
Then enable OEM unlocking still in Developer options menu.
Download ADB Tools to your computer.
Step to Step of Unlocking Nexus 5X bootloader
- With the USB cable Mount your Nexus 5X to the computer.
- A pop-up will appear on your Nexus 5X, press OK to allow USB debugging.
- On your computer, hold Shift and right click to open downloaded ADB Tools. Tap Open command window here.
- Input: adb devices
- If you have the right drivers installed, the Nexus 5X serial number will appear final window. If you don’t see the numbers confirm that you have the correct drivers and repeat.
- Get your Nexus 5X in a Fastboot mode; Switch it off, press and hold Volume down and Power keys or type in: adb reboot-bootloader in the command prompt.
- Type in: fastboot oem unlock in the command window or alternatively type: fastboot flashing unlock.
- The Volume Keys can be used highlight options and the Power keys to select or confirm, once you are on bootloader unlock screen.
- Type in: fastboot reboot, once the process is done.
- The Nexus 5X will reboot then confirm that its bootloader is unlocked. However, if you need to lock it once more, reboot to Fastboot, then on your computer launch a command prompt then type in: fastboot flashing lock.
Now that your Nexus 5X is unlocked, you can do as you please with your system device. Share with us how this works for you.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: