GALAXY S6 SM-G920V Firmware
Now you can download the latest Samsung firmwares for GALAXY S6 SM-G920V. You can flash your device with our GALAXY S6 SM-G920V firmware, we have firmwares for different GALAXY S6 models such as SM-G920AZ, SM-G920FQ, SM-G920R7, SM-G920R6, SC-05G, SM-G9200, SM-G9208, SM-G9209, SM-G920F, SM-G920I, SM-G920K, SM-G920L, SM-G920P, SM-G920R4, SM-G920S, SM-G920T, SM-G920T1, SM-G920W8. But make sure to select the right Model number and country before installing. Do check out our downloading options for SM-G920V firmware.
|Name||Model||Version||Date||Region / Carrier||PDA|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||6.0.1||January 04, 17||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4CPL3|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||December 28, 17||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRU4DQL1|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||February 28, 18||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4DRB1|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||January 26, 18||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4DRA1|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||6.0.1||July 13, 16||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRU4CPF4|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||6.0.1||April 07, 16||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRU4CPC2|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||May 03, 18||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRU4DRD2|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||6.0.1||May 27, 16||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRU4CPD2|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||November 03, 17||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4DQJ1|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||June 04, 18||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRU4DRE1|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||May 25, 17||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4DQE1|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||6.0.1||September 27, 16||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4CPI2|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||6.0.1||February 01, 17||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4CQA3|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||August 30, 17||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4DQH1|
|GALAXY S6||SM-G920V||7.0||April 27, 17||USA (Verizon) (VZW)||G920VVRS4DQD1|
1 - 15 of 20
How to Install the Latest Firmware on GALAXY S6 SM-G920V
- Head over to Firmware Finder and enter the model number of your GALAXY S6 as SM-G920V.
- Select the firmware version you want to download based on region and release date.
- Download and extract/unzip the GALAXY S6 SM-G920V firmware file to your computer.
- Download and extract Odin file and launch the Odin installer.
- Reboot the GALAXY S6 SM-G920V in Download Mode.
- Connect your SM-G920V to the computer and wait for "ID: COM" to turn Blue in the Odin installer.
- Now, add the the downloaded firmware file for GALAXY S6 SM-G920V to AP/DPA on the Odin app window.
- Make sure "Re-Partition" checkbox is NOT ticked.
- Click the "Start" button to flash the firmware on your Samsung SM-G920V.
Here is the compilation of the SM-G920V firmware files available at Updato. All the files are carefully classified for better access by sorting them on few bases, such as Model number, Android Version, Region/Carrier support, and PDA.
If you’re flashing for the first, you need to learn few terms related to firmware as they help you choose the correct firmware and prevent you from flashing unsupported versions of firmware.
GALAXY S6 SM-G920V Firmware
- Model Number/(SM-G920V): The model number is a unique series of characters and numerals assigned by the manufacturer to the device. The model number of the same device might change due to the change in the region or other factors. So if you’re flashing for the first time, make sure you’re downloading the SM-G920V firmware file.
- Android Version: The Android version is essential while you’re upgrading or downgrading the device. You can check for the firmware description for the android version the firmware represents.
- For example, if your device is running on Nougat (7.0/7.1) and you’re planning to upgrade your device, look out for the SM-G920V firmware 8.0 (Oreo) download option, or if you want to downgrade the device, look out for SM-G920V firmware 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) download option.
- Region/Carrier Support: A smartphone manufacturer releases their smartphones across several parts of the world, and the devices have to follow the region/carrier requirements. So, the firmware files are also developed depending on the region and carrier requirements. If you flash unsupported Samsung G920V firmware, you might not use several features and cannot make calls or send text messages.
- PDA: PDA, also known as the Build number, represents the Core OS, and it is handy while you’re confused on which firmware file to choose or when there isn’t enough information about the firmware file in the description, as the PDA provides you with the information about with information about the Model number, Bootloader version, and Region code support.
GALAXY S6 SM-G920V Firmware: Uses of flashing the Firmware?
With aging, most smartphones slowly start to show some issues, and they won’t be resolved even after rebooting and resetting the device several times. Here are few fixes you can successfully perform by flashing the firmware of the device.
- Fix your bricked device by flashing the Samsung S6 920V firmware.
- If your device has any unresponsive hardware, flash the firmware to resolve the issue.
- All IMEI, Baseband, Serial Number, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth-related issues can be fixed by flashing the Samsung S6 920V firmware.
- If your device is stuck at the Boot logo or Bootloop, flash the firmware to fix the issue.
- Root access on your Galaxy S6 SM-G920V can be removed by flashing the firmware.
- If your device has a custom ROM and recovery, flash the firmware to get the stock recovery and boot your device on Stock ROM.
- Fix the Custom Binary Block, “Storage Space Full,” and KNOX-related issues on your Samsung Galaxy S6 by flashing the firmware.
Note:Flashing the suitable firmware file is mandatory as flashing unsupported firmware can leave your device in bricked condition.
What's my model number?
There are several ways to locate your model number:
- Option 1
- On your device, go to Settings, then "About device" and scroll down to "Model number"
- Option 2
- Often times you can view the model number inside the device, by removing the battery
- Option 3
- Using Samsung's model/serial number location tool