1. Get better audio quality with Adapt SoundThis is an incredible feature on the S7, but one that’s hidden from most users. It allows you to custom tailor your audio experience so that you get better sound quality even with the most average headphones. Navigate to “Sounds and vibration” from Settings, then choose ‘Sound quality and effects’ option. From here, select ‘Adapt Sound’ then ‘Personalized sound’. You’ll be prompted to plug in your headphones and find a quiet place so that Adapt Sound can start configuring for you.
2. Go Parallax with Wallpaper Motion EffectApple was the first company to come up with the Parallax effect for their iOS 7 back in 2013. Since then, a lot of Android apps have mimicked it. But why download an app when your smartphone comes packed with this functionality? Activate Wallpaper Motion Effect on your S7 by long-pressing your home screen, then choose Wallpapers. Toggle the Wallpaper Motion Effect on so that you enjoy awesome parallax effect on your device screen.
3. Capture scrolling screenshotsThe S7 is not the first Samsung handset to be able to capture scrolling screenshots. Users have been able to do so since the Galaxy Note 5. This is a completely ingenious method to capture the screen in its entirety, more so when you’re scanning through a lengthy article on your screen. To capture a scrolling screenshot, you need to press and hold the power and home button (at the same time). A regular screenshot will automatically be captured. Once that’s done, you’ll get a ‘+’ icon below prompting you to Capture more. Tap on this button to activate the screen scroll. Your device will stitch everything together into a continuous image.
4. Log into sites using your fingerprintThe Galaxy S7 comes equipped with a pretty fast (actually faster than Chrome) browser that also features fingerprint authentication for websites that need a password. So rather than having to enter your password each time you need to log into Amazon, PayPal, Massdrop or some other serious website, all you need to do is put your finger on the fingerprint scanner. You can easily set up this feature by navigating to Settings>Lock screen and security>Fingerprints. Activate the ‘Web Sign-in’ toggle.
5. Leverage the Auto-BrightnessMost Android users actually prefer to turn off the pesky auto-brightness configuration. This setting seems to work incorrectly and is often a waste of battery time. But the auto-brightness feature on the Samsung Galaxy S7 is way smarter! Your phone automatically adjusts to ambient light conditions that you may or may not want to manually set. The important thing though is that the S7 auto-brightness feature works very correctly and conveniently, so you don’t have to be afraid of having it enabled. Simply swipe down from the top of the screen and check the Auto box next to the brightness slider.
6. Take advantage of the Advanced featuresThere are multiple advanced features on the Samsung Galaxy S7 that you can take advantage to make better use of your smartphone. Simply navigate to Settings, then Advanced features. All these features can come in handy one way or the other. For instance, when you enable ‘One-handed operation’, the phone adjusts the size of the screen so that you have an easier time using apps such as the calculator and keyboard with one hand. Use the sneaky tips above to make better use of your powerful Samsung S7 handset. If there are any special features or functionalities that you think we left out, share in the comments section below!
Image Source: Android Central
Similar / posts
June 28th, 2019
January 21st, 2019
September 17th, 2018