Galaxy S3 has just received clearance for a new Custom ROM from the OMEGA team released on 16th of November. I’m talking about Omega v33 based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware version XXELK4.
Kernel Stock XXELK4
What are some of the features of Omega v33 Custom ROM:
- CWM Manager v3.60 (still wip)
- Busybox v1.20.2
- Possibility to make efs Backup with installation
- Aroma installer (allows the user to control the installation + remove Bloatware option)
- Android 4.2 Google Apps (Playstore, Gmail, Camera and Gallery, Gesture Typing keyboard, Keyboard with Emoji Support,
- OMEGA APPS (Es File Explorer, Flash Player, OnlineNandroidBackup v2.5.4, FastDormancy Toggle, ZArchiver, Hide It Pro)
!!! Important: Installing Custom ROMs is a decision you make on your own risk. We are not responsible if something happens during or after the installation. Make sure you have all drivers for your device installed on your computer and if this is your first time installing a Custom ROM, make sure that you are documented enough before proceeding.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
How to install Omega v33 on you Galaxy S3?
- Install CWM on your device. ( If you don’t already have it). Search here for your specific Galaxy S3 version. Here’s a guide to install CWM Recovery.
- Download Omega I9300 XXELK4 v33 JB 4.1.2. Place the .zip file on your sd card.
- Turn of the device
- Reboot in CWM Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Power button + Home at the same time and hold a few seconds)
- Do a backup of all your personal data first and save a copy on your PC!
- If you don’t have an older version of OMEGA already installed then look in the CWM menu for Wipe data/factory rest option. Select it. (In CWM you have to use Volume buttons to navigate)
- Wipe cache and Wipe dalvik are not necessary because they are done during the installation.
- Now select ‘install zip from sd card’ and then ‘choose zip from sd card’. Select Omega I9300 XXELK4 v33 JB 4.1.2 .zip file you placed on your sd card at step 2.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- After reboot you should have Omega v33 installed and ready to use.
That’s it. Hope you’ve managed to succeed. If you want to try another Custom ROM for Galaxy S3 take a look in our category Android Custom ROMs.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: