- This custom ROM installation guide only applies to OnePlus One.
- Verify that it is rooted and the bootloader unlocked.
- Charge up your device up to at least 85% battery level.
- Install ClockworkMod/ TWRP recovery tool, then use it to back-up all the data in your device.
- Download the correct OnePlus One USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging. On Android 5.0 and above, go to Settings>>Developer Options. For devices running Android 2.3 or below, on the Settings >>Applications>>Development.
Android 6.0 Custom ROM Installation Instructions
- On a computer, download CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM .zip file and Google Apps.
- Copy the Android 6.0 ROM .zip file to the root folder of your device’s SD card.
- Turn off the OnePlus One then unplug it from the computer.
- Long-press both the Volume Down and Power buttons to boot your phone into Recovery Mode.
- On the Recovery mode, click wipe button to clear your phone data.
- Swipe the Swipe to Factory Reset option.
- Go to the Recovery menu, tap Install the select the saved ROM .zip file in SD card root folder.
- Start the installation with a swipe on the Swipe to Confirm Flash button.
- On installation finish, select Wipe Cache/Dalvik option to avoid boot loops and errors. Then choose Reboot System on the Recovery screen menu.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
The device will take a few minutes to restart. Thereafter, your OnePlus One should be running on CM13 Android 6.0 Nightly Marshmallow custom ROM.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.