OnePlus One users can now have access to an experimental custom Android Marshmallow ROM by PACMAN. Developed by Floyd Flivercord a senior member in the XDA Developer Forum, it is said to come with features to enhance OnePlus One user experience.
Here is a step to step guide for the installation of PACMAN custom ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow on the OnePlus One device.
Before you can begin the installation process, ensure that the device is specifically OnePlus One the Bacon Model. The device must be rooted and installed with TWRP or ClockworkMod Recovery tool to back up your data. USB drivers should be installed on the PC otherwise your device won’t be recognized.
- Download the PACMAN Android v6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM and Google Apps on your Computer.
- Using a USB cable plug in your OnePlus One device to the PC and copy the both the downloaded Android Marshmallow custom ROM and the Google Apps zip files to the phone’s root folder storage and not any other folder.
- Switch off the device and unplug it from the PC.
- Perform a Recovery mode by holding down the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Once your phone is on Recovery Mode, wipe your device’s memory through a factory reset or wipe data option. For Recovery Mode operation, use the Volume button for navigation and the Power button to choose options.
- Wipe out the cache partition.
- To avoid boot loops or any errors in the custom ROM installation process, return to ClockworkMod recovery and tap ‘advanced’ and choose ‘wipe cache’.
- Navigate to the Recovery mode menu on the screen and tap on the ‘choose zip from sdcard’ option then scroll to Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM file and confirm the installation. Once you are done installing, repeat the same procedure for GApps installation.
- When the installation process is over, restart the OnePlus One by choosing the ‘reboot system now’ option in the menu on the recovery screen.
The booting process may take a few minutes. To confirm the installation of the custom PACMAN Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM was a success go to ‘Settings’ > ‘About Phone’
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: