Prerequisites for Galaxy S6 Edge G925W8’s Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CarHDRom firmware Installation
This installation should only be performed on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925W8 and may brick any other device you try it on.
Install a custom recovery tool such as TWRP Recovery before you start.
Backup all your device’s data as this process may wipe out all your data.
Before entering the Recovery Mode, conduct a Dalvik Cache wipe.
- Begin by downloading Galaxy S6 Edge’s Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CarHDRom firmware to your computer
- With a USB cable mount your Galaxy S6 Edge to your computer
- Copy the downloaded Android 5.1.1 zip file to your phone memory/ SD card storage (not in any other folder)
- Power OFF your device then unplug it from your computer
- Hold down the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together to put your device into recovery mode
- In the TWRP Recovery, carry out a full data wipe selecting “Wipe” option then a factory data reset by swiping on the bottom “Swipe to Factory Reset” option.
- Return to the main menu and select “install”. Navigate to the zip file you copied and then confirm installation by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation should begin.
- If you encounter any boot loops or any other errors, select the “Wipe dalvik/ cache” option.
- You can now reboot your device by tapping on “Reboot System”.
Your Galaxy S6 Edge may take up to 5 minutes to boot. And now your device is installed with Android 5.1.1 CarHDRom Lollipop custom firmware. To verify, Go to Settings then Tap “About Phone”.
Side Note: If you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: