Sotmax ROM, developed by XDA user Sotmax, is known to be a really stable Custom ROM, with no bugs, no Force Closes and very good battery life. The ROM keeps the stock look, but contains a whole load of apps and modifications.
Sotmax ROM is based on Android 4.1.2 version XXELK4. The ROM is pre-rooted and zipaligned, with a lot of utilities installed. All in all, this makes a really good Custom ROM for everyday use.
Requirements: Rooted Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 with CWM installed.
Here are the main features of the Sotmax Jelly Bean Ultimate Stock V8:
- Stock Look, bootanimation and bootsound
- Modified UI sounds
- Pre-rooted, deodexed and zipaligned
- Improved RAM performance
- Multiwindow with all apps added and transparent MOD
- Pop up browser
- NFC running in lockscreen
- Fixed Camera freeze
- Fixed GPS lock
- Galaxy Note 2 gallery
- Paper artist app
- S Note from GN2
- Gmail 4.2
- Flash Player
!!!Important: Installing a Custom ROM can be dangerous for your phone and you should make sure you know what you are doing before you continue with the installation. If something bad happens to your device during the installation it is only on your responsibility. We are not to be held responsible for any damage.
How to install Sotmax Jelly Bean Ultimate on Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Download Sotmax ROM and place it on your phone's internal SD card
- Turn off the device
- Reboot into Recovery Mode (Press Volume UP, Power and Home buttons at the same time and hold)
- BACKUP YOUR DATA
- Do a Wipe Dalvik & Cache
- Do a Wipe data/Factory Reset (This will wipe all your data)
- Choose 'Install Zip from sd card' and select the installation file
You now have Sotmax ROM based on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on your Galaxy S3 device.