Avatar ROM for Galaxy S2 Skyrocket is a very good Custom ROM, based on CM 10.1 but with cool themeing capabilities. This makes the ROM a really cool one if you want the stability of Cyanogen but also want to make your ROM look really cool.
The Avatar ROM is based on Android 4.2.2 with the latest features installed. Besides the CM 10.1 base, the ROM also has added theme chooser, bazooka launcher, messaging app, settings, boot animation, lockscreen and more. Here are some screenshots of some of the themes integrated in the ROM:
Before proceeding with the flashing, you need to:
- Make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed. You can follow this tutorial to install TWRP 188.8.131.52 on your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.
- Then you need to do a NANDROID backup to have a backup plan in case there are problems with the ROM.
- Proceed on your own risk, and don’t old us responsible in case of any damage.
- Now you are ready to proceed with the installation.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
How to install Avatar ROM on Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727:
- Download Avatar ROM from here. Place the file on your phone’s SD card.
- Download Google Apps from here. Place the file eon the sd card also.
- Turn off your device. Reboot in Recovery Mode. To do so, press Volume Up + Volume Down in the same time and then press Power. Wait untill the phone vibrates and release the Power Button. When the screen turns black release the volume buttons and wait until Recovery Mode starts.
- From the recovery menu select Wipe data/factory reset and Wipe cache partition.
- Select Install and choose the file you placed on the sd card at step 1. Wait until the installation is done.
- Do the same thing for Google Apps.
- Reboot the device at the end.
That’s it, you now have Avatar ROM Android 4.2.2 installed on your Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: