- A rooted Nexus 4 (occam) with a ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Perform a full data backup to avoid losing your data during the installation.
- Download LG Nexus 4 USB Drivers and activate USB Debugging.
- Have a minimum of 85% battery level.
Steps for the Custom ROM Installation
- Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow Chroma Custom ROM and Nexus 4 Google Apps package on your PC.
- Copy the both the downloaded files to your Nexus 4 SD card root folder via USB cable.
- Switch off the phone and disconnect it from the PC.
- Long-press the Volume and Power buttons to switch to Bootloader Mode. Follow the on screen instructions then select RECOVERY.
- Using the volume key to navigate and the Power button to confirm, go to the ClockworkMod Recovery menu and wipe data or factory reset.
- Clear the cache via wipe cache partition option.
- On Recovery screen menu tap the advanced section then select wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu, install the Chroma Android 6.0 custom ROM zip file from the sdcard and proceed with the installation process.
- On the main menu again, install the Google Apps zip file from sdcard then confirm to install it on your phone.
- Tap +++++Go Back+++++ then roboot system now, to restart the device.
Your Nexus 4 will take a few minutes to boot then it should be updated to Android 6.0 Chroma Marshmallow custom firmware. Check your About Phone in the Settings to confirm.