- A rooted Nexus 4 (occam) with a ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
- Perform a full data backup to avoid losing your data during the installation.
- Download LG Nexus 4 USB Drivers and activate USB Debugging.
- Have a minimum of 85% battery level.
Steps for the Custom ROM Installation
- Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow Chroma Custom ROM and Nexus 4 Google Apps package on your PC.
- Copy the both the downloaded files to your Nexus 4 SD card root folder via USB cable.
- Switch off the phone and disconnect it from the PC.
- Long-press the Volume and Power buttons to switch to Bootloader Mode. Follow the on screen instructions then select RECOVERY.
- Using the volume key to navigate and the Power button to confirm, go to the ClockworkMod Recovery menu and wipe data or factory reset.
- Clear the cache via wipe cache partition option.
- On Recovery screen menu tap the advanced section then select wipe dalvik cache.
- Return to the main recovery menu, install the Chroma Android 6.0 custom ROM zip file from the sdcard and proceed with the installation process.
- On the main menu again, install the Google Apps zip file from sdcard then confirm to install it on your phone.
- Tap +++++Go Back+++++ then roboot system now, to restart the device.
Your Nexus 4 will take a few minutes to boot then it should be updated to Android 6.0 Chroma Marshmallow custom firmware. Check your About Phone in the Settings to confirm.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: