ThunderBolt ROM V6 is a Custom ROM based on AOKP and CM10, running on Android 4.2.1. It is a creation combining the best of XPERIA and Galaxy S3 into one perfect Custom ROM for your Galaxy S2. There are still some bugs with it, mostly ones that originate from AOKP. By installing ThunderBolt ROM V6 on your Galaxy s2 I9100 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.1. This is not the official update method for your Galaxy s2 I9100 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install ThunderBolt ROM V6 today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Galaxy s2 I9100 below.
ThunderBolt ROM V6 offers many features. It allows you to install only the things that you want by using the aroma touch installer. It has all the AOKP and CM10 features while adding the ThunderBolt touch such as the Xperia S theme, Xperia S Home, Keyboard and Widgets, Task manager and Message with quick reply. Amongst the other known bugs of ThunderBolt V6 we know not to use lockscreen auto rotation with touchwiz, Facebook inside Xperia doesn’t work and that’s about it that we know about.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of ThunderBolt ROM V6 on your Galaxy s2 I9100, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Galaxy s2 I9100 installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing ThunderBolt ROM V6 on Galaxy s2 I9100 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy s2 I9100.
- ThunderBolt ROM V6 (ThunderBolt ROM V6.zip)
For the installation of ThunderBolt ROM V6 on your Galaxy s2 I9100, we will use a zip file (ThunderBolt ROM V6.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing ThunderBolt ROM V6, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
- Connect Galaxy s2 I9100 to the computer and move ThunderBolt ROM V6.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Galaxy s2 I9100 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Home + Power buttons)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose ThunderBolt ROM V6.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy s2 I9100 to finish
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
You should now have ThunderBolt ROM V6 installed on your Galaxy s2 I9100 and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: