The Verizon version of Galaxy S3 is among the devices that can now be updated to the first stable version of CM 10.1 developed by CyanogenMod. This ROM can be used daily and has little issues now. However, it will still receive updates monthly from its developers.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535, and now it has launched their first stable version for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
CM 10.1 M-series for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M1.zip) on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535:
- Connect Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Power + Menu buttons)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Verizon Galaxy S3 SCH-I535.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.