CyanogenMod is a team of developers that works with Android 4.2.1 and creates the ultimate Custom ROM for Android devices. Right now they are working on CM 10.1 and recently they created the first stable version until now, the CM 10.1 M1. This is now also available for Sprint Galaxy S3 and can be used as a daily ROM.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710, and now it has launched their first stable version for Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2spr-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2spr-M1.zip) on Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710:
- Connect Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2spr-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Home + Power)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2spr-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Sprint Galaxy S3 SPH-L710.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: