Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, the first of the Galaxy S series has sold in millions of copies, even though it still remains at Android 2.3.6. However, developers haven’t forget this iconic device and are maintaining support for it by developing Custom Roms that work on it. This time, the CyanogenMod team has created a stable version of CM 10.1 M1, that can be used daily with Android 4.2.1 as base. This way you can have the latest Android on your Galaxy S.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, and now it has launched their first stable version for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
DID YOU KNOW? Updato offers seamless and guaranteed phone unlocking for any device, carrier and region! It's quick and easy - try it now.
CM 10.1 M-series for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-galaxysmtd-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-galaxysmtd-M1.zip) on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000:
- Connect Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-galaxysmtd-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 in Recovery Mode (Press volume up and power buttons. Leave both buttons when you see the SAMSUNG logo. Then press menu soft key and wait.)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-galaxysmtd-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.