Nexus 7, the tablet made by Google is now able to get CM 10.1 M1 build, which can be used as stable, daily ROM. Using Android 4.2.1 you will get more benefits from it than using a stock ROM, of course with the risks of losing your warranty.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for Nexus 7, and now it has launched their first stable version for Nexus 7, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, Nexus 7 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for Nexus 7 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-tilapia-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
- Nexus 7
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for Nexus 7 installed
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series ( cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-tilapia-M1.zip) on Nexus 7 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Nexus 7.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on Nexus 7:
- Connect Nexus 7 to the computer and move cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-tilapia-M1.zip on the Sd card (don’t extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the Nexus 7 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Volume Down + Power)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-tilapia-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your Nexus 7 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your Nexus 7.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.