In the USA there are 3 or 4 major carriers and AT&T is one of them. The fact that they sold the Galaxy S3 with subscription definitely increased their incomes because Galaxy S3 is one of the best selling devices in the world. Right now it is running Android 4.1.2 officially, but thanks to the CyanogenMod team it can now be updated to Android 4.2.1 with CM 10.1 M1, the first stable version of CM 10.1 which will receive updates monthly.
The CyanogenMod Team was recently developing CM 10.1 nightly for AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747, and now it has launched their first stable version for AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747, CM 10.1 M-Series. Luckily, AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 is one of the devices that can get the stable build.
CM 10.1 M-series for AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 is based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean. For the installation we will use cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2att-M1.zip which is a zip file and CWM Recovery.
Important!! Installing CM 10.1 M Series (cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2att-M1.zip) on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.
How to install CM 10.1 M Series on AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747:
- AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747
- CWM Recovery and root
- Full Nandroid backup
- USB drivers for AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 installed
- Connect AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to the computer and move Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2att-M1.zip on the Sd card (don't extract)
- Disconnect and turn off the device
- Boot the AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 in Recovery Mode (Press Volume Up + Power + Home)
- Select Wipe data/factory reset and then Format/system
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose Cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2att-M1.zip from the sd card, then press Install
- Wait for the installation on your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to finish and then repeat the process for Google Apps
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache
Congratulations! Now you should have CM 10.1 M Series installed on your AT&T Galaxy S3 SGH-I747.