A new Android Marshmallow custom ROM update via CyanogenMod v13 developed by XDA-Developers is now available for Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A500FU) owners.
This custom ROM is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy A5 (SM-A500FU) and will brick any other model device.
The Galaxy A5 should be rooted, a ClockworkMod Recovery tool installed and a Galaxy A5’s Android 5.0.2 ROM modem.
Backup all the data on your device and charge it up to 80-85% battery capacity.
- Download Galaxy A5 Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 custom ROM and Google Apps zip files to a computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer and place both zip files to your SD card root folder.
- Switch off your phone then reboot it into recovery mode. Do this by holding down the Volume, Power and Home buttons together.
- Create a backup
- Perform a factory reset or a full data wipe on your Galaxy A5.
- Confirm installation of the Android 6.0 custom ROM zip file
- Navigate to the Google Apps and then install.
- Reboot your device in the ClockworkMod recovery menu.
Once the Galaxy A5 restarts it should be updated to Android 6.0 CyanogenMod 13 Marshmallow custom firmware. Go to Settings >> About Phone to confirm the installation.
QUICK NOTE: Free firmware downloads are made possible thanks in part to BlueHost Hosting & Dedicated Servers – Updato's #1 choice for hosting and storage solutions! Show your support and check 'em out.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: