The latest Android 4.2.2 Custom ROM from AOKP team the name of Build 4 and brings mostly bug fixes and other improvements to the previous 4.2.1 version. It is now available for Nexus 10 and you can download it immediately By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 manta on your Google Nexus 10 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Google Nexus 10 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 manta today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Google Nexus 10 below.
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 manta on your Google Nexus 10, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Google Nexus 10 installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 manta on Google Nexus 10 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Google Nexus 10.
For the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 manta on your Google Nexus 10, we will use a zip file (aokp_manta_jb-mr1_build-4.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 manta, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
- Connect Google Nexus 10 to the computer and move aokp_manta_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Google Nexus 10 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_manta_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Google Nexus 10 to finish.
You should now have AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 manta installed on your Google Nexus 10 and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
LATEST FROM YOUTUBE: