Your Galaxy S2 now benefits from the latest Android 4.2.2 features thanks to the AOKP team that released their latest Build based on this OS. It basically brings bug fixes and performance improvements from the previous 4.2.1 version.. By installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 hercules on your Galaxy S2 T989 you basically update it to the latest version of Android 4.2.2. This is not the official update method for your Galaxy S2 T989 thus you should be careful with the procedure. If you want to install AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 hercules today, you can read the pre-requisites and then follow the step-by-step guide for Galaxy S2 T989 below.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our YouTube channel; we do giveaways, hands-on product reviews, feature top tech, and much more!)
Installation Requirements: In order to proceed further with the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 hercules on your Galaxy S2 T989, you will need CWM Recovery and root, a Nandroid backup, USB drivers for Galaxy S2 T989 installed on your computer.
Important!! Installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 hercules on Galaxy S2 T989 means you are installing a Custom ROM on your device. Here is a list with the risks involving the installation of custom ROMs on your Galaxy S2 T989.
For the installation of AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 hercules on your Galaxy S2 T989, we will use a zip file (aokp_hercules_jb-mr1_build-4.zip) that can be flashed with CWM Recovery. It is recommended that you perform a full wipe before the installation. If anything goes wrong after installing AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 hercules, you can return to your previous ROM using the Nandroid you made.
- Connect Galaxy S2 T989 to the computer and move aokp_hercules_jb-mr1_build-4.zip and Google Apps on the Sd card (don’t extract).
- Disconnect and turn off the device.
- Boot the Galaxy S2 T989 in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up + Power + Home).
- Make sure you did the Nandroid backup. If not, do it now.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” and then Format/system.
- Select Wipe Cache partition and Wipe dalvik cache.
- Select Install zip from sd card and choose aokp_hercules_jb-mr1_build-4.zip from the sd card, then press Install.
- Repeat the previous step for the Google Apps file.
- Wait for the installation on your Galaxy S2 T989 to finish.
You should now have AOKP JB_MR1 Build 4 hercules installed on your Galaxy S2 T989 and ready to use. Use the Nandroid backup to return to your previous ROM in case there is something wrong.
And as always, we end with an invite: don't be a stranger and join our community - be a part of the conversation where we help each other out, discuss the latest and greatest, and make the best of our tech.